Hi 👋 , I am Zeyao. I am an experienced web developer and designer specializing in building content-rich websites and web-based apps, with a broad range of tech stacks in hand.
Currently, I am a Web Engineer at PINT, where I build and maintain websites for clients in variable fields. Recently, I led the development process of Glaukos, an ophthalmic medical technology company's brand new website.
I am also an an adjunct professor at Hunter College Film and Media department ,teaching Web Production in the Department of Film and Media. I believe in life learning, and teaching helps me learn better myself and break down the web development foundation for my students. I am proud of leading my students into the door of web development and seeing them grow over the semester.
I hold a Master's degree in Interactive Telecommunications Program (ITP) from NYU Tisch School of the Arts and a Bachelor of Science's degree in Interactive Media Arts from NYU Shanghai.
Previously, I was a front-end engineer developing Dropmark at Oak Studios LLC, and a Project Manager at R/GA.
Chat with me if you have freelance web development projects or want to collaborate with me in the NYC area or remote. You can find my resume/CV here.
- Adjacent Issue 8, Cybernetics of Sex Webzine, New York, NY, Oct 2021
- Maker Faire, Thirsty Plant, New York, NY, May 2020
- NYU ITP Spring Show, Aaalone, Virtual, May 2020
- Liberty Science Center Engineering Week, Thirsty Plant, Jersey City, NJ, Feb 2020
- NYU ITP Winter Show, Thirsty Plant, New York, NY, Dec 2019
- GameScenes, The Man and Woman Who Married The Internet, July 2019
- NYU Shanghai IMA Winter Show, Broken Heart Museum, Shanghai, China, Dec 2018
- Web Production 1, Hunter College CUNY, 2021-2022
- Why do we make, what we make? - A Panel Discussion about "Intention" behind your Design Practice, ITP Camp, 2020
- Prototype Web VR: build your own web VR experience with a-frame and p5.js, MakerSpace, 2019
- Prototype Web VR: build your own web VR experience with a-frame and p5.js, ITP Camp, 2019
- Intro to Photogrammetry: Turning yourself into a 3D model and twerking in a virtual environment, ITP Camp, 2019
- New York University, MPS, Interactive Telecommunications Program
- New York University Prague, Exchange, Media Culture and Communication
- New York University Shanghai, Bachelor of Science, Interactive Media Arts